Wait


3 months of summer break seems to pass in a blink of an eye. I have 1 more month of break before classes starts, where i enter into my second year in Chemical with Environmental Engineering.
I actually started my break since the 20th of May, freaking 4 months of break.

Some of my course mates prefer to go for internship, where they pay you as little as RM500 for your petrol money and allowance. I know we are going there to learn but it also depends on which company you intern at. I have a feeling we will just go there and learn very little and end up being their KULI. Carry this, carry that, help me take this, take that, collect data? I seriously don't know what would i expect during an internship, but no matter what i still have to do it at the end of my second year as it's compulsory if i want to get my Masters.

Instead of an internship, now i'm working as a waiter, at a Karaoke centre. My daily job is to welcome the customer, take orders, serve food, clean up after customer, occasionally becoming a kuli and carry the unused chairs or tables to another place to store. When there is no business, i either stand there and count the number of hairs on my hand or i play sudoko. I have actually learnt how to play sudoko thanks to my colleagues and am starting to like the puzzle game.

I feel that working over there, no offence, is a waste of time and you would not progress in life.
I am working there for the sake of money, for the sake of not wasting time at home staring at the computer all day, and also to prove my parents and brother wrong. They said i would not be successful in getting a job during my summer break.

I went for quite a number of interviews, looking for office jobs at first. Some were just too far and some were just... scams.

The title in the newspaper said "Event crew/On the road" or something, so i thought i would be a part time event crew helping out at events, for example Matta Fair or Education Fair. During the orientation, i only found out that i was supposed to walk around(literally under the hot sun and on the road) like a salesman you see at hawker centres or the street to sell... perfumes.

I am grateful for being able to see the different types of jobs out there. The things people do for a living. I am grateful i am able to study in a university, live in my parents house, enjoy home-cooked meals, don't need to worry about paying bills, and just be a good son.

I will appreciate the coming 3 years, where i will continue my studies at Nottingham University, because when you start working, like they said, life will be so much more sophisticated, you will be busy most of the time, no time for holidays/trips, no time for movies, hanging out less with friends and missing out in a lot of things.

I am getting older day by day, no WE are(unless you're Benjamin Button). I will be patient, i will endure, i will wait, i welcome you... LIFE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates