Goose Fair


Nottingham City Centre


I wonder when will I go watch a theater, I HAVE TO!
Legend has it that it comes from the hundreds of geese, which were at one time driven from Lincolnshire and Norfolk to be sold in Nottingham...(link)

Went to the Goose Fair last weekend with housemates and coursemates. To sum it all up, it is a very huge pasar malam-fun fair FAIR. The fair lasted for 3 days if I am not mistaken.
It was such a beautiful day, clear skies and no rain, the pictures tell it all.

Candies... Candies Everywhere!


There were many vendors selling all kinds of food: steamed peas, chips(french fries), hotdogs, pancakes, candies, pork burgers, chinese noodles(something like our fried yellow mee), and much more food, in which if I would to continue listing them down, I would have to go downstairs and fix myself some supper.


Pork Scatchings? Tempted to buy and try it, but 5 pounds for just a small bag. Probably next time.
Talking about the Fun Fair, there were a mixture of game stalls and rides. Back in Malaysia, fun fairs were usually quite small and had repeating stalls playing the same games. Here, there were so many games, some of which I have never seen before. There were also many soft toy prizes to be won. Remembered seeing a girl hugging a teddy bear which was almost twice her size, I wondered how happy she was, and how tired her hands were?


Besides, these roaming fun-fair people, really put on a good show. They parked their caravans at an empty field beside the area where the fair was held. The rides, they were rides you find at a themepark, real big ones, bumper cars; roller coasters; spinning chair thingy which could make you puke non stop; and even a Ferris wheel!


We sat on the newly added ride called Atmosfear, another spinning type ride. It went all the way up, occasionally stopping in mid air while our heads were pointing towards the ground. I admit I was pretty scared, the amount of G-force acting on the whole body, especially while we were dangling in mid air, I was holding on the bars like my life would depend on it. On the bright side, we got to view the whole fair at the top.



Of course, there was an urge to try all the rides and play a game or two, but 3 freaking pounds just to throw balls into hoops? And what do I win? Some soft toy which probably costs less than 50p? If only money wasn't a constrain... I am always trying to save as much as I can and not spend too much.

Overall, it was a wonderful day. Real tired by the time we got home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates