Different, but same same 2

Manual cars
Almost all of the cars here are manual, is it because they like to drive manual cars? Or is it because it is more fuel efficient? More accustomed to the cold climate? Or is it because they just like to play with their sticks...*ba da bum*

Alcohol and pork
Cheap and available everywhere, lots of varieties as well. I can just walk out of my house, 3 minutes away is a store that even sells Bailey for just 14pounds, alcohol is cheap here. Talking about pork, the pork sausages here are delicious! In fact, I think they sell more pork sausages than chicken sausages. No wonder my friend says he missed it. Will bring back some to Malaysia, both pork and alcohol, not sure whether Customs Officer will let me through...

Finger biting
I am not sure whether it is just a coincidence but I know a few of my coursemates who bite their fingers. It will be our usual group meetings, brainstorming for our projects when suddenly one of them starts to bite their finger as if it's some snack, then another one will bite their pen, even use the tip to poke their lips. The thought of it is a little disgusting and unhygienic, but grown ups biting their fingers? I thought only kids do that because their teeth are growing and it's itchy. Ok maybe I am being too observant, but I can't seem to remember any of my coursemates doing that back in Malaysia, I may be wrong...

~ish?
My Water Treatment lecturer loves to use that word. In case you didn't know what this word means, I will try my best to describe it. When you say something is a little like something else, like when you say something is a little greenish or pinkish, for example:"I lost my bottle which is a little yellow-ish, have you seen it?". Again, probably it was just a coincidence but my coursemates also use it often. My lecturer always use that at the end of a lecture, :"So, do you all understand it so far? . . .Ish? No?".

Chips
See how it does not have that strip jutting out, where we usually use to pull open the packaging
Or potato chips as we usually call it. I noticed something about their potato chips packaging here, it lacks the extra strip of wrapping or whatever-you-call-it(will find the word eventually) where we usually pull to open the bag of chips.

Groceries
You can choose to ask the store to deliver your goods to your house, how convenient is that? Of course, you would have to buy above a certain amount before they would deliver it. You can choose your groceries online then pay using your debit card. The groceries would arrive in good condition, there is nothing to worry about. However, I still prefer to shop in person, use my five senses when choosing the items, who knows there might be great offers too.

Knot
They like to substitute zero with knot. We usually pronounce 0.99 as zero-point-nine-nine, they would say it as knot-point-nine-nine.

It... is... different

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates