Champions

Last two weeks, I decided to take part in the 3 on 3 basketball competition held by the Nottingham University Basketball Club.

I gathered my teammates, and decided to name our team the "Final Year Ballers". Obviously, from the name itself, you'd guess that we were all in our final years.

I thought, since this will be my final year in university, why not take part in these activities as I will definitely miss them in the future.

There were a total of 12 teams who took part in the tourney.
There was even a 3 point shoot out. I only made 4 baskets out of 20. The winner made 5, and he won a club tee.

In the first round, we won 2 games and lost one.
We nearly lost our first match, but thanks to Alex's last 3-pointer before the time was up, we won by a point.
We won the second game, then lost the third one to this group below.
Runner Up - Allstars(didn't know their names); Alex, me and Steve
Turns out that we met them in the finals and won them.
It was tough and exhausting, however we persevered and pushed ourselves to the limit.
Seeing my opponent squatting on the floor, catching his breath, I though we might win this one.

Certificate!!!
In the end, we won them by a few points and emerged champions.
Overall, we all played well and had so much fun.

We were so tired at the end of the day because we were so unfit, thanks to our hectic lifestyles (which will deserve a post by itself, will probably be up next week, maybe next 2 weeks, see how it goes).

Champions!
We divided the loot equally and shared with some of the participants.

I am so glad we won, but of course there still are many areas I have to improve.

I am looking forward to be part of the university team as the next TriCampus Games will be held at the Ningbo campus in China.

That... will be my goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates