The End is Just The Beginning

Today I challenged myself to a certain limit.
I wasn't familiar driving a manual car,
driving to a place I'm unfamiliar with,
located far from the nest.
I was driving a very old second/third/fourth hand car,
I kept imagining of the worst case scenarios.
I was nervous and afraid, but I didn't show any sign of it.
I called my dad to tell him I was leaving,
I waved my mum goodbye, before leaving on a journey.
I was leaving for Malacca that very day.
I will be starting my first new job as an engineer, away from home.
I was having so many mixed feelings.
Excited that I will be living outside on my own,
Sad that I will be leaving the warm and cosy nest,
Afraid that I will screw my first job,
Happy to be making my own money(soon...),
Lost because I really have no idea what I'm doing.

16 years of studying, blink of an eye, I have finally finished my studies and am glad that it's all over.
To be honest, I have returned almost everything back to my teachers(fine, not everything).
But we all know learning never stops and I hope the flame doesn't die out.
Now it is time to join the rat race.
I hope it will be a smooth transition.
The grass is always greener on the other side.
Those who are still studying, good luck and enjoy it while you can.
To those who will be joining the workforce very soon, like me, all the best to you, and to me.


Brace yourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Them Housemates

Musicality