Once bitten, twice shy

Finally an update after so long, been really busy with university, or just too lazy, or because nothing interesting has been happening.

Been reading other people's blog, feeling so much inferior, got me wondering what is the reason i blog.

After pondering for a while, the purpose i blog is so that i can improve my English, i will try to construct proper sentences and improve my vocabulary. Besides that, i just like to put my thoughts into words, probably this will serve like a diary to me(but of course leaving out the juicy stuffs...)

Anyway, the main event that ignited my will to make an update is an incident that happened last two days.

Just like any other Friday, I was taking the KTM back home to Subang from Kajang. Got on to the train and took a seat beside this big guy with a luggage while on my right was a Malay lady wearing a colourful tudung.

Just as the train reached the next stop which was Serdang, just as usual, as the train door slides open, a group of passengers rush in, a bunch of passengers rush out, nothing suspicious.

As soon as the train door closes, i overheard this guy saying:"My phone! Where is my phone?! I think i lost my phone! I LOST MY IPHONE!"

At a glance, this guy was not too tall or not too short, was wearing spectacles and looked like any other Chinese guy. Listening to his accent, probably a foreigner, probably a Myanmar or an Indonesian citizen.

"People was pushing me from behind when i was trying to board the train. Next thing i know, my phone was gone!", the guy said in a panicked tone.

My coursemate was also on board, Ang and his friend Goh. He quickly asked the guy what was his phone number and dialed it right away. I must praise him for his quick thinking and help. The coach was quiet as everybody were listening desperately for the guy's ringtone.

"Please give me back my phone(pfftt... as if they would), I am just a student. The phone is very important to me...", the guy said as he tried to fight his way through the other end of the coach.

Another passenger asked his number and tried to call his phone again. This time, it wasn't ringing anymore. Too late, his phone was gone. The bloody $%&* pick-pocket-er could have already left the train and the train station with a smirk on his face, satisfied with his loot of the day.

The guy was advised to stop at MidValley and head straight to the Maxis centre to suspend his account.

As i looked at the guy's face, he looked worried and sad(who wouldn't, Iphone, ouch), i pity and felt sorry for him. His situation was nothing different from the incident which happened to me last month. I lost my wallet to these bloody %^&*$ pick-pocket-ers.

I was carrying too many luggage as i recalled, I was an easy target. Same situation, boarded the train and next thing i know, my back pocket felt loose and there goes my wallet...

Had to make a police report, remake my IC, remake my student ID, make a few calls... Was carrying very little cash(RM30.35), but the troublesome part was my IC, my ATM card, and my driving license.

Despite the announcers' constant reminders at the train station, despite the notices warning the passengers of the bloody #$%&* pick-pocket-ers(Penyeluk Saku, couldn't remember these Malay words when making report at police station), people just take things for granted.

My mum would always remind me to be mindful with every action. Think before doing anything, think before saying anything. Buddhism also teaches us to be mindful in every action, even during eating as i recalled being a monk when i was younger(it was in Penang, sadly couldn't find the pictures).

In university, people would post up notices saying they have lost their keys, lost their hard drives, thumbdrives, all in the act of carelessness. Just look back everytime you leave, be mindful.

I am a very careless person. To date, i have lost a pair of car keys, a pair of apartment keys, a phone, recently my wallet and more if i could still remember.
So please be careful, be mindful, be aware, be alert when taking our awesome and efficient public transport, whether the bus, train, or taxi.

BE MINDFUL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates