Fail whale

When you try your best and you don't succeed...
When you get what you want but not what you need...
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep...
Stuck in reverse...

Last 2 month, decided to test my capabilities and took part in the basketball tryouts in uni.
Selected players will be able to represent the uni in the Tri-Campus games organised annually where students from the UK and Ningbo Nottingham University campus meet to compete in various sport events.
This year, Nottingham University UK campus will be hosting the games.
Turns out that i was not up to standard, hence i didn't make it, and hence unable to go to UK for the event.

Disappointed.

Took part in the basketball league organised by our uni sports council.
Played a match yesterday with one of the top teams with many great players.
Definitely lost to them by 4 points(27-31).

Can't blame it on the awesome referee(ONLY ONE REFEREE, great?)

The blame is on me, i didn't play very well, i didn't make as many passes as i could, i went solo, i wanted to prove myself, ended up making many turnovers, mistakes, missed shots, i sucked.

Well, that's what you get for trying to fly solo.

Dwight Howard from Orlando Magics performing a superman dunk during the 2008 NBA Slam Dunk Competition

My goal is still to be able to perform a Slam Dunk.
The bet is still on. My friend Azmi made a bet with me saying that if i managed to perform it, he will buy me a #10 Shohoku basketball jersey(Sakuragi Hanamchi's from Slam Dunk the manga)

I will continue to train even harder.

Losing is normal. I never take it too seriously. I learn from it, but it seems i haven't been learning much.

It sucks to lose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates