Musicality

I always wondered that the musicals here in the UK would be somewhat different from the ones I attended back in Malaysia.
Hence, I made sure I attended at least one musical in London.

Musicality is a musical society here at University of Nottingham.
They are made up of many students from different courses and background and boy are they talented!
I attended their annual musical production: Jekyll and Hyde The Musical at the Nottingham Arts Theatre which was located in the city.





Their performance was marvellous.
Although I kind of forgotten the story but I never once felt bored during the performance.
Like every musical, there was a live orchestra below the stage and there were equally splendid.

The bed making part of the backdrop whereby Dr.Jekyll
would be lying on it at the beginning
of the scene
The orchestra ensemble taking a break


















So many people were involved in the musical.
Directors, producers, designers, backstage people and the casts.
Until now I still did not understand the role of a producer.

Last few weeks, Musicality organised a musical trip to watch Matilda at Cambridge Theatre in London.
I hesitated when buying the tickets because I was busy with assignments and deadlines were just around the corner.
I guess I made the right choice and did not regret it as the musical was really good!


We took a bus there in the afternoon and watched the 7.30pm show.
In the bus, they played musical songs, some of which I recognised and some I have never heard before.
It was like a free performance on the bus as their voices were really good while they sang along with the song.


The boxes hanging on the stage actually spells MATILDA,
my iPad 's 5MP could not capture it plus the poor lighting

Since the ticket was cheap, we got really bad seats, we had the last row.
I was sitting at the last seat, located all the way to the left corner of the theatre.
It was so far away, they had these binoculars behind the seats which could be rented for 1 pound.


Sitting so far away, I couldn't really make up their faces or costumes and I had to occasionally squint my eyes just to have a clearer view.
Nevertheless, the performance was terrific and that made up for it.
The design of the stage was really nice and not to mention interactive as well.



One moment the floor would rise and become tables and chairs; one moment ropes would fall down from the ceiling and become a swing for the performer to sit on.
It was a one of a kind of experience and I hope to attend another one soon.


This is my 200th post in my blog, a great post to celebrate the end of my 200th post and the beginning of more wonderful posts.

Thank you to all my readers who have been continuously reading and following my blog(that is if I had any).
I would be really delighted when I see people leaving comments, at least I feel that my efforts are not wasted.
Thank you Azmi, my friend who introduced me to blogging way back in highschool.
Thank you other fellow bloggers who have inspired me with their works.
Like popular bloggers, I would be giving out free stuffs to my readers!
That's right! FREE STUFFS!
Leave a comment below and I will contact you personally : þ

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thu THu Here... got free stuff? hahahah cheh cheh no la joking...

Enjoy Life dude!!!!
~Eugene K~ said…
Hello there Thu Yuen! Haven't heard from you for a long time, glad to have you as my reader :)
Here is your prize: a brand new air guitar! Enjoy it before the air particles expand and the whole guitar disintegrates : þ
Anonymous said…
@.@
Awwwwww..... I think the it has been disintegrated... I always stalk you one...^^

Hope you are doing well in Nottingham. Take Care!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Them Housemates