Musical

Who doesn't like musicals must be out of their mind.
Musicals are like short plays or sketches which involves music, acting, dancing, and singing.
Performers performing in their beautiful designed costumes, singing gleeful songs accompanied by a live orchestra, dancing gracefully to the tune; attending a musical has always been a pleasure.

Being an avid fan of musicals(fine maybe not so avid), I wondered what was it like to be on stage, singing and dancing. All the performers look so happy, smiles across their faces, doesn't it make you want to smile as well?

Musicality, a society here at the UK campus were looking for performers for their upcoming musical, "Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical". I thought this was a great opportunity for me to experience what it felt like to be performing in a musical, they never have this society back in Malaysia.
I took the leap of faith - I auditioned for a role.

Well, to be honest, I couldn't really sing. I was nervous because I wasn't confident about myself. All I had to do was sing a few phrases off the song "This Is The Moment". Sounds simple enough.



It took me a lot of guts to sign up for the audition, I thought about it for many many times, but I still did it anyway.

I practised singing and a little acting prior to the date of audition. My housemates were very supportive, they encouraged me, they said I was born for it. "Just go-fer it!" as the British says.

Came the day of audition, I dressed casually, squeezed any pimple popping out on the face, a little shave, rehearsed a little, and off I went to the Music Hall.

It was an approximately 7 minutes walk from my house to the Music Hall. I had the whole scene playing in my head, how I was going to sing, how I was going to act, I was ready to shine!

Went to the toilet to take a last look at myself before I humiliate myself in front of the judges, cleared my throat, and I entered the room.

Greeted the fellow judges and pianist, all 3 gorgeous looking ladies, not helpful one bit in calming myself. The pianist played the key at which I was going to sing, and so I began performing.

It lasted for probably 2 minutes, I thought I did well, although I thought it could be better, but I was positive.
They said they would call us back for call-backs if we were picked.

Friday night, this is the moment, have I made it?
My phone sat silently on the desk, it didn't ring nor vibrate, not a single twitch.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it.

Well, at least I tried. . .

I will still be a good sport and attend the musical come the day they perform.
Looking forward to at least attend a musical here at the UK. It will be so exciting I'm sure.

Comments

T said…
There's the A Levels musical laa. XD
~Eugene K~ said…
didn't have the chance to take part in it because of transport issues.
payherng said…
Good try! I bet there'll be more plays upcoming! So keep trying! Just go-fer it! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates