Taekwondo

Occasionally on Saturday mornings, i would pick my sister up from school after her Taekwondo lessons. While waiting for her, i could already see other kids on the basketball court, happily playing around.


Can't help but reminiscent the times i had during high school.

I remembered, after Taekwondo lessons, me and my bunch of friends would play basketball at the court just outside of our school. We would play with our Taekwondo uniforms on and slippers.

When we were thirsty or hungry, we would buy packet drinks or chee cheong fun from the nearby truck vendor.

Sometimes we would even play till the afternoon, deciding to go home when the heat and sun was unbearable.

I took lessons only until i was Blue Belt Senior and then i stopped. I thought it was a waste of time and money (fine, i was lazy). Seeing my other friends achieving black belt, i thought it was unnecessary. I understand Taekwondo is a sort of self defence, but robbers or thugs these days are so desperate.

They would do all sorts of things just to get money from you, sometimes even resorting to kill you.

I have a friend who is currently a black belt and is a Taekwondo coach. He was robbed by two indian guys at a badminton court. They were holding parangs(machete) and he couldn't do anything but to surrender his wallet. It was a wise choice because i really don't know what would they do to him if he hadn't hand them his wallet.

I consider myself lucky to have not been caught in this kind of situation. I wonder what would i do, probably fight back and risk losing an arm? We'll have to see then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates