McDonald Olympic Fun Run 2012

So it seems that I am interested in marathons and runs.

Not really, but I take part in these marathons to test myself, test my limits.

I want to see how far I can run, how long before I run out of breath, how long before my legs start to hurt due to lactic buildup.

So far it has been an amazing experience. I get to see many people, I get to enjoy the beautiful scenery, I get to tour around KL, priceless experience.

But there is a price I have to pay. Recently, my knees have started to hurt after all these strenuous exercise. After a run or a game of basketball, my knees will hurt and I cannot do anything about it besides wearing a knee guard my dad bought me.

They said jogging or running will hurt our knees, but that didn't stop me from running or jumping.
I love to run and jump, I will keep on training until I am satisfied.

So far I am still unable to Dunk and I have only taken part in 10km marathons. My goal would be to one day finish a FULL marathon and perform a dunk. It will be difficult, but I won't give up~ even if the skies get rough~

Han Qi and Azmi
While in the LRT

Last Sunday(08/06/12), me, Calvin, Jefferson, Azmi, and Han Qi took part in the McDonald Olympic Fun Run 2012. It was held at the same venue as Standard Chartered KL Marathon - Dataran Merdeka.

Calvin's GF was kind enough to pick us up at 6.15am and dropped us at the Kelana Jaya LRT Station.

We took the train to Masjid Jamek and reached around 7.20am. I knew we were gonna be late as the run starts at 7.30am. We still had to walk a distance from the station to the venue.

By the time we reached the venue, the gun has just been fired and the participants were already running.

We had to look for a place to leave our bags and started running without any stretching or warmups.

Jeff and Calvin pinning the race bib onto the shirt
Azmi volunteered to carry the bag filled with our valuables and we were grateful.

It was a 7km run and I felt really tired as I couldn't sleep the last night, my pipe kept leaking and I don't know why.

The route was alright and there were more slopes compared to the KL marathon.

It was fun to see many people with different coloured T-Shirts provided by McDonald. I was wearing a yellow one.

Was surprised to see my coursemate Ren Yih at the finishing line, he took part in the run with his friend.

After dropping our running bibs into the lucky draw box, we went straight for breakfast without waiting because we were hungry and tired. Besides, the prizes were a bunch of hampers only.

Payed RM 15 for this run and we got ourselves a T-Shirt, a certificate and McD vouchers, totally worth it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates