Uncle at the Foodcourt

Random thoughts


Today while having dinner at my usual foodcourt, I was observing my surroundings. I had scrolled the phone enough for the day and decided to just do some people-watching.

The table in front of me, sat an uncle with grey hair, he was dressed in typical work clothes, white formal shirt and black pants. His face was red, a bucket of ice with two Heineken beer bottles and a tall glass of beer on a small plate in front of him. He also ordered a plate of chicken wings. I thought he was waiting for someone because there were two plates.

I used to see him a few times here at the foodcourt. He usually eats alone. I wonder, why doesn't he go home to eat with his family? Does he have a family here?

He signaled the waitress to join him. She was having red bean bao, she told him it's from Malaysia. He seems caring, I think he also offered her some beer, but she declined, she was working.

He squeezed the lime into the chili sauce and dipped the chicken wings in it. He enjoyed her company, they were chatting for abit, but I couldn't really hear what they were saying. I guess he is a regular here, and always has his meals with the waitresses.

Is he running his own business? He seems like a big taukey and he seems stressed.

Is he married? Does he have a wife? I don't see any ring on his finger.

Is he secretly rich? I don't see him wearing any luxury watch.

I guess he spends most of his nights like this.

Eating. Drinking. Alone.

Waiting for time to pass, to escape? To heal? To forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates