SCKLM 2012

Took part in the Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon 2012 last 2 Sundays(24/06/12) with my friend Han Qi.

We participated in the 10KM, Speed Category, whereby we had to finish the marathon in 75 minutes to qualify.

Slept at around 1am and woke up at 4am. Drove to Kelana Jaya to catch the free shuttle bus to Dataran Merdeka as driving all the way to the venue would be senseless since it would be super packed and there would be no place to park the car.


While in the free shuttle bus ride to Dataran Merdeka from Kelana Jaya station



Honda Half Marathon (21KM) participants taking off


Me and my faithful running partner, Han Qi
Race took off at 6.30am. Really enjoyed the run as it felt like a tour around the KL city. I maintained my pace and was looking left and right just to enjoy the scenery.


Although I stay in Subang, but I seldom hangout at KL.

The weather was perfect too, making the run a wonderful experience.

I finished in 56 minutes and ranked 244 out of over 7000 people. Yes! So many people, and that number is only for that category.

Upon reaching the finish line, we were directed to a counter to collect some freebies. The freebies were in a bag and consisted of the "finisher medal", a piece of banana and a bottle of water.

Satisfied with my result, definitely could have done better, just need more practice.

I thought the event was well organised, we had no problem locating the places and there were friendly staffs placed around the event location to assist the participants.

Next up, McDonald Fun Run which is held this Sunday at the same venue :)

Comments

my cousin also went to this run man. lol.

thr's another on call BHP Petrol Orange Run also coming on the 15th :D
~Eugene K~ said…
oh i see. so many runs going on... need to take a rest haha

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates