Nottingham, United Kingdom

20/9/12
14 hours later, I have finally arrived here at UK. It was a long and tiring journey, but the view from the plane window was worth it, literally had me off my seats. It has been 10 years since I last sat on a plane, long forgotten how it felt like to travel on a plane.




Well, it's cold here, one of the reasons I like it here. Back in Malaysia, it's HOT, HOT & HOT all year long.

Sometimes the weather can be so unpredictable. At one point, it would be sunny, and then it will suddenly start to drizzle and rain the whole day, mood-killer. And the fact that my jacket is not waterproof, I would be    wet by the time I enter the lecture hall. Will have to find myself either a raincoat or an umbrella before I get sick from the cold.


Me & Andy in front of the Faculty of Engineering, where most of our lectures would take place
Have been walking around alot lately. No car means more walking.
The campus is huge. Nottingham University has 3 campuses which are located quite far apart., getting from one campus to another requires the use of the "Hopper Bus" which is free for us students.
Looking for classes is a challenge even with the help of the map.
Each building has it's own name and sounds foreign to us.



The water from the tap tastes different from the water back in Malaysia. Although they said it's safe to drink directly from the tap, I'm still not taking the chances, still boiled the water before drinking it.

My lovely room



Am currently staying at a house with 3 other housemates. Really satisfied with my room as it is the biggest :D
Still trying to get used to the silence in the room at night. Since it is cold enough, no fan or air conditioner is required in the room, therefore no noise, perfect silence, except for the occasional squeaking sound coming from the bed.

UK people are so different from the people back in Malaysia, THEY ARE SO FREAKING KIND AND FULL OF MANNERS!
They smile at you for no other reasons; they remember to say their PLEASEs and THANK YOUs.
The taxi drivers and bus drivers, they are so kind. I remembered taking the taxi back to our house after shopping at ASDA(supermarket), it was supposed to cost 6.20 pounds but he asked for only 6 pounds. Besides that, he even waited outside his taxi while we unloaded our things from the boot.
Even the bus drivers were kind too. They would say thank you when we paid the fare and even made a simple greeting of: "How're you doing there?".
Really not used to it as compared to our bus drivers and taxi drivers back in Malaysia...

There are so many more things I would like to say, but I guess I will just leave it for the next post. Hopefully soon.

Till then, Cheers!

Comments

payherng said…
Howdy, amigo?
:) I love your bedroom too! Can tell it's super comfy by just having a look at the pics.

Despite all the upcoming tasks and assignments, do update us Malaysians in Malaysia with your adventurous journey in the West. Take care!
~Eugene K~ said…
I am well, senorita~ How are you?
Yes my bedroom is huge and so comfortable.

I will try my best to update, just received the design project details last few days. Hectic days ahead!

You take care too :D

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates