Kem Muhibah

2 months ago(6th & 7th July 2013), I took part in an Interfaith Camp - Kem Muhibah.
It was it's first of it's kind and it went pretty well.
It was organised by JKMPKA(Jawatankuasa Mempromosikan Persefahaman dan Kerharmonian Antara Peganut Agama or Committee to Promote Understanding and Harmony Among Religious Adherents).

Since I was having my summer break and my friend was part of the board of committees, I decided to participate in this camp.

There were Christians, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, and Muslims.

The camp was held for only 2 days but I had plenty of fun and learnt many things about each others' religion.

Each group consists of approximately 7 to 8 members and were of different religions.

One of our tasks were to tour around the KL Sentral area and interview the person in charge or caretaker of the particular religious centre.

It was an eye opening experience not only for me but my team members as well. Some of them have never entered a temple(for fear of being fined or caught by the religious department in Malaysia) before and it was such a great experience for them.



We educated each other a little about our respective religions and also cleared any misunderstandings we had.

Me presenting our ideas and info we got


Besides, it was real great to be able to tour around the KL area as I seldom been there eventhough I tell people from other states that I am from KL.

I thought we bonded really well with each other albeit under such a short period of time.

One of our tasks at the end of the 1st day was to produce a sketch and we were proud to be the winner for that activity.

Winners of the TalentNight

My teammate Winson was such a great actor and a funny guy, he literally stole the night.
Winson and I acted as women dressed scantily and we really had a good time making the audience laugh.

Should there be another camp like this, I will not hesitate to take part as participant or committee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates