Young and free

People say to pursue your dreams and do whatever your heart desires, do it while you are young and never regret in the future.

I have decided to cut my hair afterall.

It has been a long year. Kept my hair for a year and a few weeks, remembered the last time I cut was before taking my visa photograph.

It grew pretty well and it kept eating my food, getting into my mouth getting in my way. It was so long it touched my nose and mouth.

I have always wanted to leave my hair long but never had the chance to.

Therefore, going to UK was one of my excuses for not cutting my hair, it was expensive to cut my hair in the UK; I need long hair to keep my head warm; I was lazy.


 So that is how I look like after a year of not cutting my hair.


This accessory has been a very good friend, it has been by my side for so long, supporting me no matter the circumstances, in rain or in shine.
In actual fact, it belongs to my sister and I borrowed it for such a long time she gave it to me. Credits to Dana.
I will miss you my dear hairband.
When will I ever use you again?

People ask me questions like why do I want to have long hair all of a sudden, I didn't know how to answer them.
I always joked by saying that I didn't have money after coming back from the UK. The truth is, I wanted to see how long I could stand having long hair, I wanted to see how I look in having long hair.

Last Saturday, I decided to DO IT.

I couldn't stand no more(Malaysia's hot weather was one of the reasons).

It is troublesome to have long hair, it takes time and dedication to own long hair.

I drove to the hair saloon near my house and told the lady I wanted to cut my hair.

She told me to wait as she was attending to a customer.

As I sit patiently on the bench, my heart started beating quickly, I took long breaths in between while staring out the saloon.

I wasn't sure was it due to the hot & sexy hair stylist or was I just being nervous.

I was having a conference in my head, more like a battle with my own mind. 
"I have done this a thousand times, why should I be afraid?"
"Which hairstyle suits you? The old short and spiky? Why not just trim a little?"
"Just walk out of this place, it's too early..."
"Let's just get over this quickly!"
"Lately I've been... I've been losing sleep~"

10 minutes have passed, it was my turn already.

I took a seat, looked myself in the mirror, took off my glasses and waited for the hair stylist to get her things sorted.

"So what's it gonna be? You want a trim or..."
"No, I want to cut it short, no more long hair."
"Short as in... short SHORT? You know I can't stick your hair back with glue."
"Yes, I have decided and the decision is final. I want it short, no questions asked."
"Okay. So what hairstyle do you want?"
"Hmm... I'm not really sure myself. What hairstyles are popular these days? I used to have short and spiky hair."
"You could try the GANGNAM STYLE haircut, it is fairly popular these days."
"How is it like?". I was thinking of Macklemore's hairstyle.
"Skin cut at the sides and back, then some hair at the top, combed to the side."
"Okay. Whatever it is, not too short at the sides and I'm fine with it."

She began snipping and cutting my hair while I looked on.
Part of me felt sad, part of me felt relieved.
Gone are those hair, strands and strands falling upon the floor.
I thought, "What will they do with these hair? Can I keep it?"

Approximately 20 minutes later, I was done.
I looked in the mirror and tried to embrace the new me.
Nothing changed. Still the same old Eugene, just with a new haircut.
I was ready to own this thing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates