Pet World Johor Bahru 2013

As usual... *sweeps away cobwebs and dusts*

Sorry for the infrequent update as I have been so lazy to update my blog busy with research lately at university.

As promised in my previous post, I will update you all about my trip down to Johor Bahru with my family for the Pet World Johor Bahru 2013, organised by my dad and his company, Fairs & Events Management Sdn Bhd.(Yeah it was held last year end, shows how long I have not been updating).



This was the second time my dad is organising this event(Pet World JB); Pet World Malaysia is already in its' 6th year and is usually held around middle of the year at Mid Valley Megamall.



Pet World JB was held on the 14th and 15th of December 2013 at the Danga Bay City Mall Exhibition Hall.



Looking at the pictures, there were many pets and exotic animals present at the exhibition. Pet owners were allowed to bring their pets to the venue while they scouted for pet related products on sale.
Dogs, cats, spiders, snakes, lizards, sugar gliders, you name it.

Some large lizard, fancy keeping it as a pet?









There was even a Rabbit Petting Farm by Beh & You towards the end of the exhibition hall. Visitors had to pay RM1 to enter the enclosed area and were allowed to hold or pet the rabbits.

Rabbit(not sure which species) with a ball of fur below its' neck

It was also my first time holding and playing with a snake.


ssssssssssssss~
This pet belongs to one of the exhibitors.
Its' skin was cold and scaly, I was afraid I was gripping it too hard.
But slowly, I learnt to keep my calm and let it entangle itself around my wrist.
The snake was a tame one and the owner reminded me not to worry.
Soon, I was comfortable holding it that I even put it around my neck.
And you know what, the next thing I know, it PEED on me!
YES, I KID YOU NOT!
PEE! URINATE! PASS MOTION!
And it wasn't like a teeny-weeny little drop of liquid, but almost like half a cup full of water(sorry if my way of describing this disgusts you...)
My whole back was wet and how unfortunate of me for wearing white that day, I had this yellowish-green stain on my shirt.
I had to ask my brother to buy me a new shirt at the mall nearby.

During the two day exhibition, I was "working" as an emcee.
I had no training nor practice prior to becoming an emcee for the exhibition.
I would get nervous each and every time I had to make an announcement.
I was afraid I would mutter out the wrong information or made any mistakes.
I was instructed to make some promotions for the exhibitors and occasionally to organise some activities with the visitors. For example asking questions related to the exhibition and rewarding them with sponsored gifts from the exhibitors.
I know I didn't do a good job, but at least I tried. Still trying to conquer my fear of making public announcements/speeches.

There was also a cat competition on the last day of the exhibition.
Many cat owners participated in this competition and it was one of the main attractions of the exhibition.
There were many cages with cats in it on display.




 

The judges will base on a few categories and pick the winners,

There are lots of good fish, good fish in the sea, in the sea in the sea in the sea~
*Hint to my next update*

I was also incharged of manning the "scoop-a-fish" station.
By paying RM 1, the visitors were given a plastic scoop with a paper net to scoop as many fish as they can,
Fishes that are caught will be allowed to be brought home.

Me playing working at the "scoop-a-fish" station.
The net is made of paper and the game requires dexterity and skills in order to catch the little fishies.
I had a great weekend at the event, washed my eye real clean met a few people and many cute doggies.
Looking forward to this years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates