A Long Yet Wonderful Journey

In a blink of an eye, my 1 year stay(10 months to be exact) at the UK has come to an end.
It truly has been a wonderful experience.
I have never regretted taking part in the Exchange Programme offered by The University of Nottingham.
Should you have the moneychance, please do take part in the programme.

As you read this post, I would already be on the plane, making my way back home.
The Iconic Nottingham Trent Tower of The University of Nottingham
and it's ever famous lake


The awesome indoor court where I spent most of my time
playing basketball and badminton

A large field at the West Entrance

The Indigo Bus which most of uses

Just me chilling at the lake


Our house we lived in, 96 Dunkirk Road, Dunkirk
I composed this post in my almost empty room.
As I start to get used to the weather here,
the people,
the culture
and the way of living here,
It is time for me to leave.
The sense of attachment grows over time,
I don't feel like going home now
I want to stay here longer


Pan Fried Salmon Fillets with Mashed Potatoes and Vege



My stay here at the UK has tested my strengths and abilities,
my courage,
and my perseverance.
I have learnt how to be a better chef;
how to be a better student;
how to be a better housemate/friend;
how to be a better son;
how to be a better person overall.

Funny how the mind works
When you start to lose something, only you start to appreciate and value it

I will definitely miss the chilling weather; the efficient public transportation; the friendly taxi and bus driver; the british etiquette(please and thank you); musicals(need I mention more?); supermarket(pork, pork everywhere! Oh, and also how they do delivery services, I don't have to carry all those groceries back home; alcohol(beers are cheap yet available almost everywhere!); the internet(30MB is like the most basic one, youtube loads so fast it becomes my favourite companion during every mealtime);

I will miss the 4 seasons: 
autumn

winter



spring

and summer, which is our year long season in Malaysia

Especially winter, when it starts to snow

I will miss the people I met and friends I made here at the UK, I wish them all the best in their future
Our last game as a team at the Manchester Malaysian Games
(Clockwise Left to Right: Brandon; Erik;  Cho; Kah Meng; Indra; Me; Foon: and Alex)


I will miss having one big room and bed all to myself

One day I will look back into the picture album, reminiscing about the days I spent at Nottingham

This has been another exciting chapter in my life.

I am sure there is more to come!

Before I leave, I made a wish: to be able to return to the UK one day, whether to work, to play, to meet someone, for a holiday, or for whatever reason.

May this wish of mine be fulfilled.

Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcite! Xperience! GO Xcel!!

Musicality

Them Housemates